Hypersensitivity to ofloxacin
Precaution & warning
– Quinolones should not generally be used in patient aged less than 18 years.
– Pregnant women and breast feeding mothers unless the benefits outweigh the risk
– Store in temperature below 30 C.
– 10 scored tablets /Strip
Scored film coated tablet
Ofloxacin 400 mg
Broad Spectrum Antibiotic
1) Respiratory tract infection.e.g. Acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis and acute sinusitis
2) Infection of abdominal cavity
3) Infections of the skin and soft tissues
4) Upper and lower urinary tract infection
– The usual dose of ofloxacin is 200 up to 400 mg every 12 hours on empty stomach
– Treatment period depending on the doctor’s opinion
– The recommended initial dosage of Delcabrin is 0.5 mg per week given in one or two (one-half of one 0.5 mg tablet) doses (e.g. on Monday and Thursday) per week. The weekly dose should be increased gradually, preferably by adding 0.5 mg per week at monthly intervals until an optimal therapeutic response is achieved.
– The therapeutic dosage is usually 1 mg per week and ranges from 0.25 mg to 2 mg per week. Doses of Delcabrin up to 4.5 mg per week have been used in hyperprolactinaemic patients.
– The maximum dose should not exceed 3 mg per day